Friday, August 28, 2026

A GenX at the Mad Tea Party (October 28, 2025)

 Tonight, my bewildered GenX self feels like Alice in Wonderland.

I do not understand problem-avoiding vs. problem-solving.

I do not understand blaming and shaming vs. personal responsibility.

I do not understand giving up vs. getting after it, powering through to solve it or figure it out.

I do not understand the land of short cuts, where other people and technology replace thinking and hard work.

I do not understand why and how data is more valued than the struggle. Yeah, it more time-consuming, but ultimately, the finished product is more superior and satisfying.

When did the world get so noisy? Why does everyone and everything have to move so fast? When did people start thinking the worst of each other instead of the best?

I’m just a GenXer, wide-eyed and trying to drink the Kool-Aid at the Mad Tea Party called life. Some days, it’s a little tough to choke it down.



No comments:

Post a Comment